Calling all youth in grades 6th and up!
Are you eager to make change in your community? Do you love paying it forward? Would you like to be a role model for younger kids? We think you’d be a great addition to the Hennepin County 4-H Ambassador team!
Who is this group for?
Hennepin County youth, ages 12-19
At least 6th grade for the 2022-23 school year
No prior 4-H experience required
What is it?
Hennepin County 4-H Ambassadors is a fun, engaging group of teen leaders who represent and advocate for positive youth learning experiences and opportunities through the 4-H youth development program. You are essentially our program’s steering committee!
Where and when do we meet?
We meet both in-person and virtually across Hennepin County. We’ll meet 1-2 times per month between October 2022 to August 2023, and do a good mix of planning meetings, outreach events, and fun, recreational activities. (We work hard and play hard too!)
By serving as a Hennepin County 4-H Ambassador, you will:
- Attend 1-2 meetings per month (virtual for now)
- Make new friends
- Set individual and group goals
- Decide on our focus areas of our group and County program, such as public speaking, racial justice, community service, etc.
- Lead activities at various 4-H events for younger youth
- Gain leadership skills -- This is a great opportunity to take part in and list on job or college applications!
Why should I join?
Where do we even start?! By being a part of this group, you will…
- Be a part of something bigger. Our program reaches over 500 youth each year! You have an opportunity to help us decide not only what programs we do, but also serve as a peer mentor and role model to younger youth!
- Harness your strengths. We’ll take your leadership skills to the next level! Participating in this group is a great addition to your resume, job or college applications, and scholarship opportunities!
- Meet new people and make friends!/
When should I sign up?
Please sign up as soon as possible -- by Oct. 1 if you can! We’ll start meeting in October 2022, but you can join us anytime throughout the year!
I’m in. Where do I join? Right here: z.umn.edu/Hennepin4HAmbieSignUp
More questions? Give us a shout: Alyssa Woodard (email@example.com) and Amy Collura (firstname.lastname@example.org).