Murray County 4-H youth have requested the return of shooting sports to our county. Can you help make this happen? We're looking for volunteers to become trained and certified in shooting sports to lead this program. If you have an interest in becoming a Murray County 4-H Shooting Sports volunteer, please contact Kim at 507-836-1144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
4-H offers the following disciplines:
- Wildlife (All ages)
- BB gun (3rd grade & older)
- Archery (3rd grade & older)
- Air rifle and air pistol (4th grade & older)
- .22 rifle and .22 pistol (7th grade & older)
- Muzzleloading (7th grade & older)
- Shotgun (7th grade & older)
What you'll learn in shooting sports:
- Ethics, sportsmanship and responsibility
- Leadership skills
- Safe storage and handling of firearms and archery equipment
4-H shooting sports and wildlife leader certification
To run a county or multi-county shooting sports and wildlife program, instructors must be certified by Minnesota 4-H. Leader certification trainings are designed to cover the essential knowledge and rules to become a certified 4-H county instructor.
State 4-H shooting sports and wildlife invitational
Young people from across Minnesota will have the opportunity to compete in local meets in events including archery, muzzle loader, shotgun, air rifle, .22 rifle and air pistol. Skillathon, wildlife calling, conservation projects, and cast iron cooking will be available in a virtual format.
To learn more visit the shooting sports project page or contact the Murray County Extension Office.