Upcoming news, events and opportunities:
September 7-8 - General Encampment project pick up at the Roseau County Courthouse Extension Office 8 - 4:30 p.m.
Great job to all Roseau County 4-H State Fair Livestock and General participants! Good luck to the upcoming Shooting Sports & Wildlife Invitational and State Horse Show exhibitors!
September 8-10 - State Shooting Sports & Wildlife Invitational (Alexandria, MN)
September 15-18 - State Horse Show
September 15 - Re-Enrollment/Enrollment for NEW 4-H year begins September 15 in 4HOnline. Families will need to login with current 4-H family email and password to review, update and submit.
*A listing of October community club meetings coming soon.
- 4-H Cloverbud Afterschool Club Meetings - Interested in joining the Cloverbud Afterschool Club in Roseau, Greenbush, Warroad, or Badger? Cloverbud After School Clubs offer hands-on exploration of a variety of interest areas for youth in grades Kindergarten through 2nd. Call or email Kelsey for more info at (218)463-1052, firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 15 — Application deadline for Roseau County 4-H Awards. Turn in applications to the UMN Extension/4-H Office. For: Youth Gr. 4+ and clubs. Applications available on the Roseau County 4-H web page under events and news. **Awards will be presented October 1, 2023 at the Roseau County 4-H Awards Program. View all Award Descriptions and Applications to APPLY .
October 1 — Local Ambassador Kickoff (2:00-4:00 p.m.) at Messiah Church, Roseau. For new & returning youth Gr. 6+ Roseau County 4-H Ambassadors invite new members to join the Ambassador team to represent Roseau County 4-H! We will meet monthly. Please join us for our first meeting of the year, October 1 and stay for the Annual 4-H Volunteer Training for youth and adult leaders. We are looking for 2 or more members from every club in Roseau County to join. Need more information? Call us at 218-463-1052 or ask a current member!
October 1 — Annual 4-H Volunteer Training (4:00-5:30 p.m.) at Messiah Church, Roseau. For 4-H volunteer leaders (adults & youth). *Required MN 4-H Volunteer Training. All clubs must be represented. We highly encourage to attend as a team of adults and youth. Supper served from 5:30-6:15 p.m. Registration by Thursday, September 14 required to attend. Call or email the Extension/4-H office to register.
October 1 — Roseau County 4-H Awards Program (Supper at 5:30 p.m., program at 6:15 p.m.) at Messiah Church, Roseau. For 4-H families and award recipients, club leaders (adult & youth) All are welcome. Registration by Thursday, September 14 required to attend for a catered meal. Call or email the UMN Extension/4-H office to register.
October 1 — 4-H Leader Council Meeting 7:00 p.m. at Messiah Church, Roseau. For adult & youth club leaders & members. All are welcome. All clubs should be represented.
October 1-7 — National 4-H Week
- See more events and news on the Roseau County 4-H website.
- *Find ‘Roseau County 4-H’ on both Instagram and Facebook. Download the Roseau County 4-H App! (Download ‘Minnesota 4-H’ in the app store. Then, search for ‘Roseau County 4-H’).
- Club & Youth Leaders: Seeking new ideas for your next club meeting? Visit the new Leading a 4-H Club webpage! There are ideas for educational and recreational activities, icebreakers, and activities for early arrivers. Check out the new MN 4-H Curriculum Library - Youth Development Curriculum Library NEW! Roseau County 4-H Project Curriculum Resources – Check out our local library of resources here in the Roseau Extension office! These resources will be available to check out by club leaders. If you have any questions, contact staff.
- 4-H in Action! Upload or send us photos of projects you are currently working on, service projects, the latest club activity, or more!
- 4-H Cloverbud Afterschool Club Meetings - Interested in joining the Cloverbud After School Club in Roseau, Greenbush, Warroad, Badger, call or email Kelsey for more info! Winter/spring dates posted on the Roseau County 4-H website.
QUESTIONS CONTACT US
Sandi Weiland, Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development : email@example.com
Kelsey Berger, Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephanie Walsh-Olafson, Extension/4-H Support Staff: email@example.com