Upcoming news, events and opportunities
Re-Enrollment/Enrollment for the NEW (2023-2024) 4-H year is underway! If you haven’t completed in 4HOnline @ https://v2.4honline.com/ Login with your current 4-H family email and password to review, update and submit. For enrollment assistance, call the office (218-463-1052) or view the enrollment help guides. Those not re-enrolled in the new 4-H year by January 1 will stop receiving 4HOnline communications. Please contact 4-H office staff if you wish to opt-out this year and we will remove you from the contact list.
November 5 – Local 4-H Ambassador Meeting (3:00 - 5:00 p.m.) (Grades 6+) Call Sandi at 218-463-1052, text 218-242-3381 or ask a current member! To view our schedule, click here > 2023-2024 Roseau County 4-H Ambassador Group schedule.
November 5 – Leaders Council Meeting (5:15 - 6:30 p.m.) or click here to join virtually via Zoom. All clubs should be represented by an adult and youth.
November 5 – 4-H Interstate Exchange Group INFORMATIONAL Meeting on (6:30-7:30 p.m.) at the Roseau County Courthouse Boardroom. (Gr. 6+) You can join in person or virtually. If it works best to join us virtually, please call (218-463-1052) or email Sandi Weiland at email@example.com by Friday, November 3 for the zoom link. Visit, Roseau County 4-H website for more information.
November 5 – 4-H FRUIT FUNDRAISER DEADLINE Participating club members – Please turn in all packets to your club leader or staff at the UMN Extension/4-H office by November 5 at 4:30 p.m.
November 7 – 4-H Horse Project Group Meeting (7:00-8:00 p.m.) at the Roseau County Courthouse Boardroom or join via Zoom link. One of the highlighted horse events on the agenda will be the 4-H Horse Project Bowl. Currently seeking two screened volunteer project bowl coaches. Reach out to Kelsey, firstname.lastname@example.org, with possible interest or wanting to learn more about the volunteer opportunity. All horse project youth, parents, and leaders are encouraged to attend.
November 8 – REGISTRATION DEADLINE for 4-H Campus Immersion (Gr. 7+) January 13-15 Join Kittson and Roseau County on a two-night campus immersion program to the Twin Cities! Young people will explore campus life at University of Minnesota - Twin Cities Campus, connect with current college students, create personal plans for higher education and see other career and educational opportunities around the Twin Cities area. To learn more, visit Campus Immersion - Kittson and Roseau Counties Limited spots available.
Week of November 13 – 4-H Cloverbud After School Club Kickoff (Gr. K-2) for Badger & Greenbush (3:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m. with family orientation to follow) Youth in grades K-2 are invited to enroll in the 4-H Cloverbud After School Club in Badger or Greenbush. Warroad and Roseau meetings will pause until after the new year and return with winter/spring dates when announced. Currently still seeking adults and older youth help. Interested? Email Kelsey, email@example.com. Learn more about the Cloverbud After School Clubs by visiting 4-H Cloverbud After School Clubs.
November 14 – Mandatory 4-H Volunteer Virtual Training (7:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m.) is the second of three options to complete the mandatory 4-H volunteer training for every club in Roseau County 4-H. Please click this link to register before November 14 and view other training date & time options> Register for “4-H for All Abilities” annual volunteer & youth leader training
November 14 – REGISTRATION DEADLINE for National 4-H Conference (Gr. 10-12) National 4-H Conference will be held April 19-24, 2024. For more information on how to apply, visit National 4-H Conference > Application and selection.
SAVE THE DATE! BLU (Gr. 6-8), TEEL (Gr. 9-13), and YELLO (Gr. 7+) Saturday, Sunday, February 3-4, 2024 - 4-H BLU (Gr 6-8) & TEEL(Gr 9-13) at Castaway Club, Detroit Lakes, MN. Registration deadline for BLU and TEEL will be in December. Keep an eye out! June 12-15: 4-H YELLO! Conference (gr. 7+) Location to be determined. For more information about these events visit 4-H Leadership Events.
SAVE THE DATE! Citizenship Washington Focus (CWF) (Ages 15-19) This group starts to meet after the new year and travels in June to Washington D.C. to learn about civic engagement and leadership. Registration details will be posted by November 15, 2023. For more information, visit Citizenship Washington Focus.
- More events and news visit, the Roseau County 4-H website.
- *Find ‘Roseau County 4-H’ on Instagram and Facebook. Download the Roseau County 4-H App! (Download ‘Minnesota 4-H’ in the app store. Then, search for ‘Roseau County 4-H’).
- Visit, 4-H member resources
- Visit, 4-H volunteer resources Receive a monthly 4-H Volunteer Updates email from REE Karyn Santl. Join the 4-H Volunteers UMN Extension Northwest Region Facebook group
- Club & Youth Leaders: Seeking new ideas for your next club meeting? Visit the new Leading a 4-H Club webpage! There are ideas for educational and recreational activities, icebreakers, and activities for early arrivers. Check out the new MN 4-H Curriculum Library - Youth Development Curriculum Library NEW! Roseau County 4-H Project Curriculum Resources – Check out our local library of resources here in the Roseau Extension office! These resources will be available to check out by club leaders. If you have any questions, contact staff.
- 4-H in Action! Upload or send us photos of projects you are currently working on, service projects, the latest club activity, or more!