Video: Red Cedar—Friend or Foe? Exploring Management and Markets
Teachers from an elementary school with its own forest in Clear Lake, Minn., a woodcarver, scientists and a wildlife manager explore eastern red cedar tree challenges and benefits with University of Minnesota Extension's agroforestry education team.
In addition to narration and expertise provided by Gary Wyatt and Diomy Zamora, Extension forestry educators, this video features:
- Tom Sauer, soil scientist, USDA Ag Research Service, Iowa State University
- Nicholas Snavely, assistant area wildlife manager, Minnesota DNR
- Gary Gohmann, Clearview Elementary School Forest co-chair
- Andrea Kay Coulter, Clearview Elementary School Forest co-chair
- Ken Ramler, cedar wood carving artist