First time exhibitor Livestock Award
Again in 2022 funds will be available to first time Livestock exhibitors within a given species (beef, goat, poultry, rabbit, sheep and swine) to help us promote Animal Science projects and equip 4-H members with additional funds needed to support their project. Awards will be evaluated by the Livestock Auction Committee and 4-H staff and awarded based on the criteria set below.
To spread awards out and benefit as many youth as possible, a 4-H member may only receive an Animal Science Award twice in their 4-H career.
Members may apply for multiple species each year but may only receive one award/year.
A maximum of $2,000 is available annually for distribution. Applicants within the same category will receive the same award. The maximum amount per species is as follows:
$25.00 – Rabbit, Poultry, Goat $100.00 – Beef, Sheep, Swine
- Be a first time exhibitor for the species selected (siblings may have shown previously)
- Be an active and enrolled member of the 4-H program – (Cloverbuds are not eligible)
- Application must be received before County Fair (July 24, 2021)
- Sign up and complete a Showmanship class at the County Fair
- Sign up and complete an Interview class at the County Fair
- Sign up and complete classes within your respective species livestock show
- Sign up and complete a Science of Animals Exhibit within the species project (see requirements in the 2021 Premium Book)