Find something for everyone in Extension online events
Extension wherever you are
Did you know you can visit Extension’s website to find out what’s going on in your area of interest? With online courses, where you live doesn't matter nearly as much as what you want to learn.
A sampling of online classes coming up soon includes:
- June 1-30 video submission period, 4-H Stock Talks 2020, virtual animal science presentation experience for all 4-H youth, free.
- June 16, Food justice facilitation virtual mini-workshop: Peer Consultation, free
- June 17-Aug. 12, remaining topics in Berry growers webinar series, free.
- June 24-Aug. 26, Business Retention and Expansion course, $600 with lower-cost options for community pairs and students.
- July 13-17, Summer leadership refresher series, free.
- Aug. 17-Dec. 13, Ecological restoration training, $375 per course, 150-hour program of five courses includes 3.0 continuing education credits and certificate for each course.
Some of the courses you can take for free online anytime are:
- Tourism and COVID-19, retaining, recovering and DIY research ideas for tourism towns.
- Nitrogen Smart, on getting good crop yields with less environmental impact.
- Renter 101, on how to secure housing.
- Parenting in the age of overindulgence, an exploration of overindulgence and how to avoid it.
Event highlight: Plant spotlight webinar series
Now through Sept. 10, Thursdays at 7 p.m. Register.
Take a closer look at the plants that grow in Minnesota. You'll get to explore collections, backyards and gardens from your armchair as you learn more about trees, perennials, edible plants, houseplants and more.
Local horticulture experts will each have a unique perspective to share, from ecological to commercial, and they will share tips and tricks for your garden.