Watonwan county is committed to our community and helping in any way possible during this pandemic. Attached you'll find information about food resources during COVID-19.
Check back often as the food distribution dates will be updated as new information is available.
To apply for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formally known as Food Stamps or Food Assistance), Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Watonwan County Human Services
- 715 2nd Ave S,
- St. James, MN 56081
- 507-375-3294 (call prior to arrival)
If unable to access food
- Public Health Essential Hotline
- 8:30 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday
Watonwan County Food Shelf
108 8th St S, St. James, MN 56081
- 10 am-1 pm Wednesdays
- 2nd and 4th Friday 4:30-7 pm
Madelia Community Food Shelf
5 West Main St, Madelia, MN 56081
- 4th Wednesday of the month (January 20, February 24)
- 3:30-6 pm
- No referral needed at this time
- Senior dining, Lutheran Social Services
- 60+ with donations accepted
- EBT is accepted
*No group dining until further notice.
*Frozen meals can be delivered upon request.
Meals on Wheels
Hot meals delivered by volunteers. Call for more information in your area. 507-375-5995
Madelia Community Hospital and Clinic
121 Drew Ave SE, Madelia, MN 56062
*Special dietary meals available.
Food packs for the weekend for children Kindergarten to 6th grade.
School pantry available for 6-12th graders. Contact your school district to be enrolled.
Watonwan county offers free food distribution open to all household in need. The event is a drive through so please remain in your vehicle.
Each household will receive: Fresh produce, mixed dairy, protein
- Friday, February 19
- 4-6 pm
- Memorial Park South Shelter-925 Memorial Drive, St. James, MN 56062
This event is sponsored by Second Harvest Heartland.