- Read through the appropriate information sheet for the animal(s) that you will be identifying and the Minnesota 4-H AnSci Updates for 2022. These documents include information for identification, animal project rules, classes, State Fair participation and more. Locate your species information sheet below:
- Beef Information Sheet
- Dairy Information Sheet
- Dairy Goat Information Sheet
- Dog Information Sheet
- Llama-Alpaca Information Sheet
- Meat Goat Information Sheet
- Poultry Information Sheet
- Rabbit Information Sheet
- Sheep Information Sheet
- Swine Information Sheet
- Do you need a 4-H tag? Double check the MN 4-H Animal Science identification requirements table. If so, contact the Crow Wing Extension Office for your 4-H tag(s). All market project animals, commercial animals, and prospect calves will need a 4-H tag. Taggers are available for you to check out and use; please inquire about the return procedure.
- If your animal is leased, you must upload a Minnesota 4-H Lease Information Form into 4-H Online by May 16, 2022 with 4-H Online ID information. NOTE: Market animals may not be leased.
- Locate the appropriate species ID Worksheet to assist you in collecting the required ID information for entering your animal information into 4-H Online.
- Beef - Cow/Calf ID Worksheet
- Beef - Prospect Calf ID Worksheet
- Beef - Breeding Heifer ID Worksheet
- Dairy ID Worksheet
- Dairy Goat ID Worksheet
- Dog ID Form
- Horse ID Worksheet
- Llama-Alpaca ID Worksheet
- Meat Goat - Market Goat ID Worksheet
- Meat Goat - Meat Breeding Does ID Worksheet
- Poultry - Pigeon/Dove ID Worksheet NOTE: all other poultry projects do not need to be identified at this time.
- Rabbit ID Worksheet
- Sheep ID Worksheet
- Swine ID Worksheet
- Enter your animal identification information into 4-H Online by May 16, 2022. Utilize the animal ID’ing tip sheet for ease in entering your animal information. If you are unable to enter your information into 4-H Online, please bring your completed ID worksheet to the Extension Office for assistance in entering your ID information into 4-H Online by the end of business day on May 16, 2022.
- An AFTER HOURS helpline is available for use if you are experiencing challenges with your identification process. Please use these helplines during the available hours only. All other calls for assistance should be directed to Cassie Girling and Tracy Giza at the Crow Wing County Extension Office during normal business hours: M - 12:30-4:30 pm, T: No office hours, W - 8:00-4:30 pm, TH - 8:00-4:30 pm, F - 12:30-4:30 pm. Helpline dates and hours:
Sunday, May 15 4:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. 507-276-9629
Monday, May 16 4:30 p.m. - 11:59 p.m. 320-766-1176
Remember, by May 16, 2022, you must own your animal, have the appropriate ID applied, and enter the animal information into 4-H Online. Please contact Cassie Girling at 218-824-1065 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.