Minnesota 4-H Poultry Prince & Princess Contest
Minnesota 4-H and Gold'n Plump scholarship program
Congratulations to the current Poultry Prince and Princess Charles Miller and Mikayal Schlosser, who won the 2017 Poultry Prince and Princess contest. After another great year, we are excited for the 2018 program. For interested and eligible 4-Hers, please bookmark this page and check back in July 2018 for additional updates and information on how to be a part of this exciting program, now in its 9th year!
The Minnesota 4-H Poultry Prince and Princess Contest at the Minnesota State Fair is an exciting opportunity for 4-H youth to be recognized for their poultry knowledge, experience, leadership and confidence. To be an eligible contestant of the Poultry Prince and Princess Contest, you must:
- Participate in 4-H poultry interview/quiz/showmanship at the 2018 Minnesota State Fair.
- Participate in the 4-H Chicken BBQ Contest at the 2018 Minnesota State Fair.
- Must have completed at least 9th grade by the start of the 2018 Minnesota State Fair.*
* Note: contestants are not eligible during the 13th grade in 4-H. Poultry Prince and Princess duties occur during the next 4-H year, which is why those in their final 4-H year are not eligible.
We invite all Minnesota 4-H Poultry Project members to participate in the seventh annual Poultry Prince and Princess Contest: A Scholarship Program of Minnesota 4-H and Gold'n Plump for the chance to:
- Earn a $1,000 scholarship.
- Serve as the official Poultry Prince or Princess Ambassador.
- Develop networking and presentation skills.
- Gain exposure through media opportunities.
- Receive event photos and video.
- Pose for and receive a commemorative painted portrait by the official state fair artist.