Train the Trainer: A 4-H Dog Project leader training workshop
This is only for youth leaders of high school age and adult leaders who train in county programs - not for youth leaders or parents who want to experience more of the Minnesota 4-H Dog Project.
The Minnesota 4-H Dog Project development committee sponsors this training.
It is recommended for all trainers to attend.
This training is typically held in April and May.
This training is open to Minnesota 4-H Dog Project trainers, potential trainers, youth (high school age) and adult leaders.
Your dog is welcome to attend since we will need a few dogs to work with throughout the weekend. Please remember to bring your dog's vaccination record, kennel, leashes and dumbbells (if appropriate).
- Youth development – Saturday
- Where to find resources and official state information – Saturday
- Safety in classes – Saturday
- Dog body language basics – Saturday
- Dog bite and safety information programs – Saturday
- Special ed and differently challenged kids in your classes – Saturday
- Obedience – Saturday (classes repeat Sunday)
- Rally – Saturday (classes repeat Sunday)
- Agility – Saturday (classes repeat Sunday)
- Agility – Class structure (sequences vs. courses) and designing or finding courses for class (design principles and safety considerations) – Saturday evening
- Showmanship – Saturday evening