Youth Engagement Matters: Self-guided online course
See this page in: English
This online course is based on the Rings of Engagement, which shows the range of youth engagement and youth-adult partnerships. It teaches four ways to engage youth:
- Participation in programs.
- Fostering individual passion through experiences and activities.
- Creating space and place for youth voice in programs.
- Collective action to make change with youth and adults as partners.
How it works
- Go at your own pace (without a facilitator) through five modules that take about 30-60 minutes each. Additional time spent on activities will vary.
- Learn on your own time. Unlimited 24-hour web access to the self-guided curriculum.
- Videos and activities help you take concrete ideas back to your program for every day use.
- A certificate for completing the 4-hour training is available at the end of the course.
Participants can expect to
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Rings of Engagement structure.
- Explore case studies with models and ideas for your program.
- Learn engagement strategies for working with young people.
- Understand that "youth engagement is a lifestyle, not a method."
- What are key frameworks for understanding youth development?
- How can these frameworks inform practice?
- What does youth engagement mean to me?
- Why is it important to engage young people, and what are the benefits?
- How can I effectively engage young people?
- What are the Rings of Engagement, and how can this model enhance my practice?
- What does youth engagement "look like" and "feel like," every day, in youth programs?
- How can I support and promote engagement in my work with young people?
- How can my program support and promote youth engagement every day?
- What systemic supports are needed to catalyze youth engagement in a community?
- How do principles and practices of youth engagement play out in organizations?
- How can my organization support and promote youth engagement?
- What can I do now to support and promote youth engagement in my youth work practice?
- What else do I want to know about youth engagement?
- How can I learn more about youth engagement?