Commercial Animal Waste Technician (CAWT) workshops
See this page in: English
Re-certify as MDA Commercial Animal Waste Technician (CAWT) by attending one of these workshops, held in the winter.
MDA CAWT Program Update
Resources for CAWTs
New Manure Nutrient Rate Guidelines and Research Updates
Where to Apply Manure? Situational Awareness
NEW THIS YEAR: Please bring your CAWT license card to class!
There is a $10.00 fee for each person attending to cover speaker travel costs. Some of the sites include lunch for an additional fee. Cash, checks, or credit cards are accepted at the door.
PLEASE BRING YOUR CAWT CARD TO CLASS!
- NEW applicators: If you have not been previously certified, you must watch a video and take a quiz for your initial certification.
- Certified Applicators: For recertification, you can either watch a video and take a quiz EVERY year OR attend a recertification workshop EVERY OTHER year.
- Site Managers: You must attend a workshop EVERY OTHER year.
The MN Department of Agriculture requires site managers and applicators to attend the entire workshop to receive recertification credit. Anyone who arrives more than 15 minutes late or leaves early will not be allowed to receive recertification credit.
If you have more questions, please call MDA at 651-201-6146 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the workshop, please contact:
Brenda Postels, UMN Extension Educator
email@example.com or 320-232-9077
To check if the event has been canceled due to weather, call:
Farm Information Line (available 24/7)
- Melissa Wilson, UMN Extension Specialist, Manure Nutrient Management and Water Quality
- Sarah Schieck, UMN Extension Educator, Livestock - Swine
- Diane DeWitte, UMN Extension Educator, Livestock - Swine
- Chryseis Modderman UMN Extension Educator, Crops – Manure Nutrient Management
- Marci Groenewold, Holden Farms
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency staff
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture staff