The Driven campaign
In Extension, we envision a Minnesota in which strong partnerships, discovery through science and diverse perspectives combine to find smart, creative ways to address 21st century challenges. We are committed to achieving that vision, but we need your help. Demand for Extension programming is rising along with the cost of producing that programming, and traditional sources of financial support no longer are sufficient. Your investment in Driven: The University of Minnesota Campaign helps ensure that Extension will be here to help all Minnesotans adapt and thrive.
Extension's campaign priorities
- Create opportunities for young people from across the state to learn skills outside traditional classrooms.
- Share practical knowledge and quickly respond to changes that affect Minnesotans’ well-being.
- Cultivate new and emerging leaders who will guide our communities in the coming decades.
- Attract and retain faculty and Extension educators who can listen to Minnesotans’ needs and collaborate to deliver solutions.
How your gift will be used
When you make a gift to Extension generally, or for a specific purpose, that gift will be used exactly as you direct. Overall, the campaign goal is to raise $16 million for these strategic initiatives:
- $3 million to enhance programs for youth and families in every corner of the state.
- $2 million to help communities across Minnesota understand their challenges and train leaders to make smart decisions about their communities' futures.
- $5 million to create educational programs that help all Minnesotans thrive.
- $6 million to provide an educational experience that ensures the next generation is equipped to solve 21st century challenges.
There are many ways to be involved in the Driven campaign for Extension that don't involve direct giving. For example, you can:
- Be a social media influencer: Share news of Extension events and initiatives in social media
- Crowdfund on URaiseMN: Create a customized fundraising webpage for your favorite Extension cause
- Attend an event: Support a great Extension cause by attending a fundraising event
- Host an event: Organize your own fundraising event benefiting an Extension cause