Financial Recovery After Disaster Video Series
Are you working with families affected by a natural disaster? If so, these videos are here to help!
The Financial Recovery After Disaster Video Series is an engaging educational tool. Use the videos alone or in combination with your other disaster recovery efforts.
These videos are based on the award winning resource, Recovery After Disaster: The Family Financial Toolkit. They are produced in partnership by the University of Minnesota Extension and the North Dakota State University Extension Service. For more information on the creation of these videos, see About the disaster videos project.
Watch one or more videos to:
- Better understand the challenges that families face on the road toward financial recovery
- Start conversations with families on disaster recovery efforts.
Access the videos
If you have the time, use one or more of the full-length videos. Use the shortened promotional videos when you have limited time. Or use them to market the video series or toolkit.
Get action steps that can help you better understand your financial picture, and how to make the best decisions for your family.
Explore how this video series can be used to help prepare for disaster BEFORE it strikes. This Hibbing Public Access video features Extension educator Lori Hendrickson. Watch it now: Before it Happens: Financial Recovery After Disaster Video
Listen to this introductory webinar about the development of the videos. Get tips on using the videos and more. Watch it now: Recovery After Disaster: The Family Financial Toolkit On-Demand Videos Webinar
Additional marketing resources are available, including a flyer, poster, bookmark, and Twitter messages. To access these marketing resources, contact Lori Hendrickson (email@example.com; 218-327-5958 x3007).
An impact evaluation was conducted in Fall 2015 to understand how the videos were being used and shared.
- See this infographic summary: Financial Recovery After Disaster Video Series: Impact Evaluation Results
- See the white paper: Financial Recovery After Disaster Videos: Preliminary impact evaluation results summery
- See this journal article: Extension Builds on Tradition of Meeting Community Needs by Using Technology in Disaster recovery — Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences; reposted to our website by permission.
Reviewed in 2018