Super Bee Weekend
Saturday, February 2
Calling all pollinator champions. Come learn about how you can help bees and their connection to the world with experts from University of Minnesota Extension, the UMN Bee Lab and the Institute on the Environment.
Learn about the amazing worlds of honey bees and wild bees and appreciate them through art and action plans. You will leave with things you can do to help.
Super bees to the rescue
Learn about the connections between bees and healthy landscapes.
Super Bee Weekend starts with a stimulating panel discussion about creating healthy landscapes beyond flowers with:
- Honey bee expert Marla Spivak, Extension entomologist, Spivak Honey Bee Lab
- Native bee expert Dan Cariveau, Department of Entomology, Cariveau Native Bee Lab
- Grand environmental challenge (big picture) expert Jessica Hellmann, director of the UMN Institute on the Environment
Following the panel discussion, get updates on important native bee research, tour the UMN Bee Lab, and make your own bee screen print with artist Sarah Nassif.
Get the latest, greatest action steps to help pollinators.
- Connect with community science projects, including the monarch joint venture and the MN Bee Atlas.
- Check out the connections between art and pollinators.
- Learn how to make your garden a pollinator paradise from the experts.
- Purchase a box lunch ahead of time or bring your own lunch.
The super life of honey bees
Class fee: $10 if you are also going to the morning session; $20 for afternoon only.
Whether you are a beekeeper or a champion of bees, this class invites you to explore the honey bee.
- Learn about honey bee biology and how they act as a super-organism.
- Peek into the intricate world of honey bee social behavior and communication and see how they contribute to their importance as pollinators in agricultural systems.
- Leave with a better understanding of why the research world and the public are fascinated with honey bees and how they can help support all bees.
1500 Gortner Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108
Elaine Evans, Extension educator
- Full day + lunch: $70
- Morning only: Super Bees to the Rescue $50
- Afternoon only: The Super Life of Honey Bees $20
- Box lunch: $10
The Minnesota Horticulture Society is taking registration for this event.