The Successful Beekeeper Series 2020
Thursday, April 9, 2020 - Saturday, October 10, 2020
This series of 7 classes covers the management of hives in their 2nd year and beyond. We will review the fundamentals of hive inspection and delve deeper into topics such as:
- Assessing the strength of overwintered colonies.
- Performing spring divides.
- Evaluating queens and deciding when and how to re-queen.
- Sustainable apiary growth.
- Understanding the relationship between apiary location and pest management.
- Varroa mite population dynamics and management strategies.
Saturday series held from 9:00-11:00am, on the following dates:
- April 11, May 9, June 13, July 11, August 8, September 12, October 10
Thursday series held from 3:00-5:00pm, on the following dates:
- April 9, May 7, June 11, July 9, August 6, September 10, October 8
- Have taken Beekeeping in Northern Climates (preferably Year 1 and Year 2).
- Have kept bees for at least one full season.
- Wear your own protective equipment (veil or bee jacket).
- Participants must be 18 years or older to enter the apiary.
- Willingness to learn gloveless beekeeping.
2096 Roselawn Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55113
Cancellations will be fully refunded when notified 2 weeks before the first day of class. Class will be held rain or shine.
Pre-registration required. Register using the link below.