Pasture management field day - Pine City
Thursday, August 29
Livestock producers, horse owners and grazing consultants are invited to:
- Learn best practices for rotational grazing from other graziers and grazing experts
- Learn about pasture measurement tools and using them to improve profitability
- Get your questions answered on high-density intensive grazing
A second Pasture management field day is scheduled for August 21 in Howard Lake.
11131 Lakeview Heights Road
Pine City, MN
Rod Greder, Extension educator
firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-689-8254
There is no cost to attend this event.
To register, click on the link below or contact Rod Greder (information above).
Topics and speakers
- 1:00pm – Welcome and Introduction
Rod Greder, Jerry Ford, Kent Solberg
- 1:15pm - Background on SARE Pasture Grants
Rod Greder, U of M extension Educator
- 1:30pm - Rotational Grazing-Best Practices
Kent Solberg, SFA livestock and grazing specialist
- 2:30 pm – Demonstration of Measurement Tools & Pasture Walk
Rod Greder, U of M extension Educator and Jerry Ford-Grazier, SFA
- 3:40pm – NRCS/SWCD/SFA Programs/Education for Graziers
- 3:55pm – Questions