Nitrogen Smart - Waseca
Tuesday, January 29
Nitrogen Smart: Fundamentals presents research-based knowledge you can use to maximize return on your nitrogen investments while minimizing environmental risk. Learn about:
- Sources of nitrogen (N) for crops
- How nitrogen is lost from soil and how you can reduce losses
- How to manage nitrogen in drainage systems
- What the Nutrient Reduction Strategy and Nitrogen Fertilizer Management Plan mean for Minnesota producers
- Practices to refine nitrogen management, including split applications, alternative N fertilizers, soil and tissue testing and N models
Nitrogen Smart certification is valid for three years after participants complete the Fundamentals course. The Advanced Nitrogen Smart session, which focuses on manure management, is available to returning participants or to new participants that attend the morning Fundamentals course.
Link to Nitrogen Smart course page
Visit the course page to see information on other locations where this workshop will be offered in 2019.
7367 360th Ave.
Brad Carlson, Extension educator
There is no cost to attend the Nitrogen Smart program.
Preregistration is not required.