Nitrogen Smart - St. Cloud
Wednesday, January 30
Nitrogen Smart: Fundamentals presents research-based knowledge you can use to maximize return on your nitrogen investments while minimizing environmental risk. Learn about:
- Sources of nitrogen (N) for crops
- How nitrogen is lost from soil and how you can reduce losses
- How to manage nitrogen in drainage systems
- What the Nutrient Reduction Strategy and Nitrogen Fertilizer Management Plan mean for Minnesota producers
- Practices to refine nitrogen management, including split applications, alternative N fertilizers, soil and tissue testing and N models
The afternoon Advanced Nitrogen Smart session will focus on manure management.
Link to Nitrogen Smart course page
Visit the course page to see information on other locations where this workshop will be offered in 2019.
75 S 37th Ave S
St. Cloud, MN
Brad Carlson, Extension educator
There is no cost to attend the Nitrogen Smart program.
Preregistration is not required.