Key components of a successful beef operation
This six-part series will focus on different aspects of raising and managing beef cattle while keeping the end consumer in mind.
Speakers and topics
Wednesday, August 12:
- Methods of Pregnancy Checking—Tony Dank, DVM
- Preg-checking the Cowherd to Reduce the Cost of Open Cows — Eric Mousel
Thursday, August 13:
- Body Condition Scoring Cows: How, When & Why Does Early Weaning Calves Make Sense? — Melissa Runck
- Assessing Nutrition Status of the Cow Herd — Eric Mousel
Tuesday, August 18:
- Managing Forages for Fall & Winter Feeding — Troy Salzer, Tarah Young and Emma Severns
Thursday, August 20:
- Starting Calves: What Really Matters & When to Leave Cattle Alone — Joe Armstrong, DVM
- Initial Days on Feed Nutrition and Implant Strategies — Grant Crawford
Tuesday, August 25:
- Selecting the Right Animal for Butcher—Kyle Rozeboom and Ryan Cox
Thursday, August 27:
- Keeping Beef at the Center of the Plate — Megan Webb
- Meet the Meat Industry Middle Man — The Main Street Butcher
- Bridging the Farmer and Consumer Conversation — Lindsey Loken, Blondies Butcher Shop
Registration is required.
Please register by 5 p.m. CST the day before each event. You will receive a Zoom link after registration closes. You only have to register once to be registered for all subsequent webinars.
If you are unable to attend the live sessions, you will receive an email at the end of the series with recordings for all sessions.