Farmland Rental Workshop - Le Center
Monday, December 2
Farm land rental rates are the largest input cost the farmer has. Determining a fair farm rent agreement is a challenge in today’s economy with current low corn and soybeans prices in 2019. An ideal agreement would satisfy both the land owner and the farmer.
Audience: Landlords, farmers and agri-business professionals. Attendees will receive several informative worksheets and factsheets that will help to determine what a fair 2020 farm land rental rate is.
Speakers: David Bau and Nathan Hulinsky, Extension educators in Ag business management.
- Local historic and projected farmland rental rate trends.
- Current farm land values and sales.
- Examples of how to determine a fair farm land rental rate agreeable to both parties.
- A worksheet that will help determine a fair rental agreement.
- Input costs for 2019 will be presented along with current 2019 corn and soybean prices.
- Worksheets will examine 2020 costs, affordable rent rates for farmers, the rate of return to the landlord at current market values and examine flexible rental agreements.
No registration required
These free meetings are being provided by the University of Minnesota Extension.