Business retention and expansion: in-person course
Wednesday, June 5 - Friday, June 7
Take a two-day course on business retention and expansion (BRE) taught by industry professionals. You will learn how to conduct high-quality programs in your community or region.
- The course includes presentations, video, individual and small group work, and plenty of discussion.
- Highlights include practice visits to real businesses (and a mock planning session based on results), guest experts who provide BRE tips and stories, and a chance to get to know other economic developers and expand your network.
- While there is no course paper or homework, you have the opportunity to think about the best BRE approach for your situation.
The course is designed for economic and community development professionals and stakeholders, community leaders and others who want to conduct a community-led BRE effort.
1420 Eckles Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108
Michael Darger, University of Minnesota Extension
Business retention and expansion program lead
email@example.com or 612-625-6246
Costs and discounts
The cost of the course is $500 per person.
Community-led BRE is all about teamwork, we encourage teams to attend training together. We also offer discounts for team attendance.
- $750 - two registered community team members
- $1,000 - three-to-five registered community members
The discount is only for groups from a town or city, county, school district, or other groups of contiguous communities. This discount is available for either the online or the in-person course.
Two sessions are scheduled for 2019:
- Summer session: June 5–7
- Fall session: October 22-24
If interested in attending an in-person workshop, express your interest below.