2019 Nutrient Management Conference
Tuesday, February 19
Join us for the 11th Annual Nutrient Management Conference
University of Minnesota Extension and the Minnesota Agricultural Water Resource Center (MAWRC) invite you to the 2019 Nutrient Management Conference!
Sessions will cover challenges in phosphorus and sulfur management, nitrogen applications under irrigation, and effects of phosphorus availability due to residue management.
Certified Crop Adviser credits
Certified crop advisers (CCA) will be able to earn continuing education credits (CEUs) in soil and water and nutrient management.
There is a $20 per person fee payable at registration or at the door.
You can register in advance or at the door.
- 8:15 a.m. Registration
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome, Tom Rothman, University of Minnesota
- 9:05 a.m. Lessons learned in 2018, opportunities for 2019, Brad Carlson, U of M Extension; Dave Nicolai, U of M Extension; Gary Prescher, Minnesota Corn Research & Promotion Council
- 9:55 a.m. Phosphorus management challenges confronting the US, Dr. Heidi Peterson, International Plant Nutrition Institute
- 10:50 a.m. Break
- 11:05 a.m. Get the most out of sulfur application by applying at right time, Dr. Dan Kaiser, University of Minnesota Extension
- 12:00 Lunch
Breakout session 1
1:00 p.m. Residue management and potential effects on P availability in a continuous corn system, Dr. Paulo Pagliari, University of Minnesota Extension
1:55 p.m. Phosphorus management and water quality, Dr. Lindsay Pease, University of Minnesota Extension
2:50 p.m. Lessons learned from Spring Creek Farms, Tim Radatz, MAWRC
Breakout session 2
- 1:00 p.m. Evaluation of the Haney Soil Health Test as a corn nitrogen management tool, Dr. Matt Yost, Utah State University
- 1:55 p.m. Irrigation and nitrogen management, Dr. Vasudha Sharma, University of Minnesota Extension
- 2:50 p.m. Managing micronutrients for soybeans, Dr. Dorivar Ruiz-Diaz, Kansas State University
3:40 p.m. Adjourn
This conference is a joint effort with the Minnesota Agricultural Water Resource Center (MAWRC).
Thank you to our supporters!
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- Minnesota's Agricultural Fertilizer Research & Education Council
- Clean Water, Land & Legacy Amendment
- N-Serve, Instinct
- Minnesota Corn Growers Association
- Minnesota Soybean Research & Promotion Council
- Koch Agronomic Services LLC