2019 Nitrogen Conference
Tuesday, February 5
Join us for the 5th Annual Nitrogen Conference
University of Minnesota Extension and the Minnesota Agricultural Water Resource Center (MAWRC) invite you to the 2019 Nitrogen Conference!
This conference will bring experts together to focus entirely on this valuable input. Current topics in crop production and environmental stewardship will be relevant and informative for today's agricultural producers and professionals and anyone else who appreciates high-quality research-based information.
Certified Crop Adviser credits
Certified crop advisers (CCA) will be able to earn continuing education credits (CEUs) in soil and water and nutrient management.
There is a $20 per person fee payable at registration or at the door.
You can register in advance or at the door.
- 8:15 a.m. Registration
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome: Tom Rothman, University of Minnesota
- 9:05 a.m. Lessons learned in 2018, opportunities for 2019, Brad Carlson, U of M Extension; Dave Nicolai, U of M Extension; Brandon Fast, Minnesota Corn Research & Promotion Council
- 9:55 a.m. An industry perspective on nitrogen: beginning with 4R nutrient stewardship, Dr. Tai Maaz, International Plant Nutrition Institute
- 10:50 a.m. Break
- 11:05 a.m. NUE and Potential Environmental Outcomes Associated with N Application Timing, Dr. Carrie Laboski, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 12:00 Lunch
Breakout session 1
- 1:00 p.m. Managing corn for high yield and environmental stewardship while controlling costs, Dr. Jeff Coulter, U of M Extension
- 1:55 p.m. N loss from Midwest cropping systems: what can we do about it? Dr. Dan Jaynes, USDA ARS, Ames, IA
- 2:50 p.m. Urea fertilizer do's and don'ts, Dr. Fabian Fernandez U of M Extension
Breakout session 2
- 1:00 p.m. Improving nitrogen mineralization predictions , Dr. Jason Clark, South Dakota State University
- 1:55 p.m. Soil health and implications for nitrogen management, Dr. Anna Cates, U of M Extension
- 2:50 p.m. Nitrogen management with manure, Dr. Melissa Wilson, U of M Extension
3:40 p.m. Adjourn
This conference is a joint effort with the Minnesota Agricultural Water Resource Center (MAWRC).
Thank you to our supporters!
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- Minnesota's Agricultural Fertilizer Research & Education Council
- Clean Water, Land & Legacy Amendment
- N-Serve, Instinct
- Minnesota Agricultural Water Resource Center (MAWRC)
- Minnesota Corn Growers Association
- Minnesota Soybean Research & Promotion Council
- Koch Agronomic Services LLC