2019 Golf Course Turf Pest Management Recertification Workshop: Category A, E - St. Paul
Thursday, November 21
This workshop is a high quality, one-day general educational workshop, designed to best meet the needs of individuals who work on
Minnesota golf courses. This workshop will specifically address the unique educational needs of golf course employees who maintain turf
and landscape features.
This workshop offers recertification in Minnesota Categories A: Core and E: Turf and Ornamentals.
The workshop presentations will be given by state and national golf course experts:
- Laws & Regs, Minnesota Department of Agriculture, Erin Smilanich
- History of Pesticides, Dr. Thom Nikolai, Michigan State
- Contemporary Issues in Turf Disease Control, Dr. Rick Latin, Purdue
- Case studies/Patrol Your Pesticides, Natalie Hoidal, University of Minnesota Extension
- Addressing Public Concerns about Pesticides, Dr. Frank Wong, Bayer
Check-in: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program begins: 8:00 a.m.
Program adjourns: approximately 3:30 p.m.
Dual check-in w/UMN & MDA, bring your current applicator card.
- By attending this workshop, you will have fulfilled your recertification workshop requirement for 2019 and 2020 in your licensed categories of A (Core) and E (Turf and Ornamentals). This is a requirement for maintaining your pesticide applicator license.
- If you’re not sure you need to recertify this year, check the “recertify by date” on your applicator’s license ID card, or review your license information on the MDA website. All applicators are still required to renew their license annually with the MDA.
Registration and Payment
- Only online registration and credit card payment are accepted for this workshop.
- No transfers in or out of workshop.
- Register early to receive the "early bird" rate. Late fee begins on November 7th, 2019.
- Cancellations received in writing up (email) by November 13, 2019 are refundable, minus a $40 administrative fee. After that refunds are not issued. Please note if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment.
Early Registration Fee: $145.00 (Category A and Category E)
Late Registration and On-site Fee starts November 7: $195.00