Home food preservation courses
See this page in: English
A variety of courses are available for people who preserve and process food at home. Preserving food at home safely is emphasized along with information on how to produce a quality product.
Course topics include
- Safe home canning, freezing, pickling and drying
- The science of food preservation
- Producing a quality home preserved product
- Home processing and equipment
- Selecting research-based credible resources
Most courses use the community sponsorship model. Community groups or organizations sponsor the workshop, make the arrangements, and take registrations and fees.
Class titles include
- Preserving food safely
- Preserve your harvest
- Preserving food safely: exploring the options
- Freezing food for later use
- Basics of home canning: safety first
- Food preservation: where to find credible resources and canning basics
- Preserving tomatoes and salsa
- Methods and safety in home food preservation
Recommended for individuals who want to learn about updated practices for preserving food for their own use.
Courses can be provided for a group of at least 20 learners, depending on availability of trainers.
Free food preservation videos on a variety of food preservation topics.
Schedule a course
To sponsor a training with your organization or community you need:
- A minimum of 20 participants from your organization.
- A training site/location.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for cost and arrangement details.