Stormwater practices and maintenance core course
See this page in: English
This curriculum was developed to provide a uniform, publicly available, research-based stormwater core curriculum for stormwater managers and educators to:
- Build comprehension of the fundamentals of stormwater management, stormwater practices and maintenance processes.
- Develop understanding and skills that support communicating the importance of stormwater management to community stakeholders.
The course module can be used to train staff. It consists of three chapters and an overview. The first chapter, Stormwater 101 (Understanding stormwater runoff), covers stormwater fundamentals, including how stormwater is generated, the relationship between development and stormwater and the impacts of stormwater on human health. Chapter two delves into stormwater management practices with an introduction to their purpose and function. Chapter three focuses on the specifics of stormwater maintenance.
This course is offered free of charge at eXtension.
Follow these steps to access the course:
- Watch an overview video of the Stormwater Practices and Maintenance Core Course.
- Enroll in the course on the eXtension site. You must create a new account or login with an existing account.
- Search for "Stormwater Practices" in the search bar or access the course description here.
- Select the course title and enter the enrollment key: SWPMCC.
- Once enrolled, the course will appear under "My Courses" and you can access by selecting that link.
- Having trouble? contact Moodle assistance or course leader Shahram Missaghi: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More modules are being developed for this course to provide in-depth information on topics such as site assessment, design, implementation (including how to work with contractors), and writing a request for proposals (RFP).
Email us, if you wish to receive periodic course updates.
Reviewed in 2018