4-H Exploring Animals Project
See this page in: English
What you'll do
If you're in kindergarten to third grade and you like animals, this is for you! You don't need to own an animal to join.
Work with an adult guide to learn the basics of animal science:
- Animal breeds
- What animals need to stay healthy
- Things that animals do
- Stages of life
- Pet safety
- Much more!
Levels of learning
Get started with 4-H'ers in your area
Get started on your own
- Find a club near you or contact your local 4-H office for more info.
- Discover 4-H Cloverbud Plants & Animals activity book (free download)
Fairs & exhibits
Make a poster, display or video about:
- How to select an animal for a pet, working animal or food production
- How much does it cost to raise an animal?
- Where does my animal come from? What is the history of the species or breed? How did it evolve?
- How can I keep my animal healthy and well fed?
- What is a therapy animal? How are they raised and trained? Who can they help?
- Do a service learning project with animals. What service did you provide? What did you learn?
- Research and report on a career working with animals.
- What equipment is used to prepare an animal for a show?
Reviewed in 2018