Parents Forever™ Facilitator training
See this page in: English
Who should take this training?
Are you a facilitator in a Parents Forever™ program, using the older version of the curriculum? Are looking to become new facilitator for Parents Forever™? Then the Parents Forever™ facilitator training is for you!
This training is for current and new facilitators who want to teach Parents Forever™. Parents Forever™ underwent a major revision in 2014. All facilitators who teach one hour or more of a Parents Forever™ class now need to attend this training.
The facilitator training helps ensure that:
- Local programs meet all 25 mandatory curriculum topics for parent education in Minnesota.
- Program staff are using the most up-to-date Parents Forever™ curriculum and related resources.
- Parents receive consistent, high quality education at all Parents Forever programs.
What will I learn?
This training reviews everything that you need to know before teaching a Parents Forever™ course. In this training, you will learn about:
- What the research says about families in transition, and which theories we used to shape the Parents Forever curriculum.
- The overall organization and teaching philosophy surrounding the Parents Forever™ curriculum.
- How to start a program and be successful in the future.
- The resources and support available to you when you become an authorized provider.
- Next steps for partnering with us to offer Parents Forever in your community.
What is required during and after this training?
This training is generally offered via an online course.
After completing the training, you will then:
- Get a certificate of completion.
- Be able to buy access to the Parents Forever™ curriculum.
- Become an “authorized provider” of Parents Forever™. This means you will have permission and support to teach the program in-person to your community.
Can I get more information on Parents Forever™?
If you are not quite sure that the training and related curriculum are for you, watch this Parents Forever™ Introductory Webinar first. Note the online version of the facilitator training also contains access to this webinar.
You may also be interested in reviewing the Frequently asked questions by professionals.
Otherwise, contact us for more information.