4-H Home Environment Project
See this page in: English
What you'll do
Learn all about the home environment, from decorating a room and arranging furniture to landscaping.
Levels of learning
Fairs & exhibits
- Refinish or refurbish a piece of furniture
- Show some photos or video of how you have accessorized a room. Before and after.
- Make new furnishings for a room
- Repair a home furnishing and put it back into use
- Make a video or reference book of cleaning and household tips
- Develop a resource file of ideas related to home furnishing, etc.
- Report: How could your home be more energy efficient? Use measurements of energy, dollars, inches of insulation, degrees of heat gained or lost, etc.
- How could the landscaping around your home be changed to benefit the inside of it?
Future study and careers
Reviewed in 2018