See this page in: English
Food preparation skills are an important part of serving up more vegetables and fruits, whole grains, and beans. Has your staff mastered the basics? To help make sure your kitchen is working safely and efficiently, use the tips on this page or download the entire Great Tips for Great Trays® booklet (PDF). Note that this PDF is designed to be printed 2-sided.
Check out these Great Trays® recipes.
- Washing Fresh Produce (PDF)
- Dicing a Carrot (PDF)
- Chopping or Dicing Celery (PDF)
- Preparing Jicama (PDF)
- Cutting Head Lettuce (PDF)
- Slicing or Chopping Melons (PDF)
- Chopping, Dicing, or Mincing Onions, Shallots, and Garlic (PDF)
- Slicing, Chopping, Dicing, or Mincing Bell Peppers (PDF)
- Peeling and Slicing Butternut Squash (PDF)