MyPlate for My Family
See this page in: English
MyPlate for My Family is an educational program for parents and other caregivers. It is based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. The program uses resources from ChooseMyPlate.gov.
Program participants will learn how to:
- Eat foods from all five food groups every day.
- Eat less solid fats, added sugars, and sodium every day.
- Be physically active.
Space and time requirements
The MyPlate for My Family program consists of four discussion session lasting about 45 minutes. All sessions can be adapted to meet the learning needs of participants and within reason fit the space and time needs of the partnering agency.
Behavior-specific messages in MyPlate for My Family include:
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.
- Make at least half your grains whole.
- Enjoy your food but eat less.
- Be active your way.
MyPlate for My Family materials are designed to promote learning for those with limited reading skills. For details, visit MyPlate for My Family: Educator Handbook (PDF)
To find out more about this program or explore the possibilities of this program being offered at your agency, contact the SNAP-Ed Team.