Urban Youth Learn
See this page in: English
Urban Youth Learn is a partnership between Minnesota 4-H and other youth-serving organizations that builds sustainable programs that meet the unique needs of urban youth. Urban Youth Learn is designed to help volunteers and program leaders create, strengthen and advance youth programs that occur during non-school hours.
Partners in Urban Youth Learn receive
- Access to University of Minnesota resources such as the Minnesota 4-H Youth Development program and research-based curriculum
- Access to interns and volunteers to support program development and delivery
- Professional development opportunities
- Year-long program support designed to build and maintain program quality
- Annual evaluation that assesses the program's impact on youth learning
See the map for current Urban Youth Learn program locations and partnerships.
For program information and questions
Jessica Pierson Russo
Urban Youth Learn was selected by peer review through the National Association of Extension 4-H Agents to be featured in the Directory of Successful Urban 4-H Program Models.
Reviewed in 2018