Get started with a Dealing with stress workshop
Getting started is easy
Decide which workshop you will complete. Print off worksheets, as needed, before you begin. Then click on the "start workshop" link to start the workshop.
You will be linked to a narrated presentation. There are brief instructions at the beginning of each workshop for navigating through the narrated presentation. Most people find it self-explanatory once they begin.
At the end of each workshop, you will be asked to give us feedback on the workshop you just completed and give us suggestions for improving them. We will also ask for general demographic information so we know more about our audience for these workshops. All responses are anonymous and confidential.
Remember to keep the handouts that you print out. You will need them for later workshops and for applying what you learn. If you have questions, please contact Heather Lee (email@example.com; 612-626-6602).
Discover some of the physical effects of your stress and then hear how exercise and nutrition skills can help you manage them.
Learn how stress affects muscle tension and sleep and discover some techniques for combating these specific effects of stress.
Learn skills to build self-esteem and increase pleasant activities in your life, both of which will help you become more resilient to stress.
- Emotional stress questionnaire 2 (PDF) — Print before viewing Workshop 6.
- Guidelines for increasing your self-esteem (PDF) — Print before viewing Workshop 6.
- Guidelines for adding pleasant activities to your life (PDF) — Print before viewing Workshop 6.
- Start Workshop 6 (VIDEO)
- Pleasant events schedule — HealthNetSolutions — Additional resource referred to in Workshop 6.
Hear about the effects that your attitudes have on your stress and discover ways to make your attitudes more positive.
- Attitude stress questionnaire (PDF) — Print before viewing Workshop 7.
- Guidelines for developing optimistic attitudes (PDF) — Print before viewing Workshop 7.
- Start Workshop 7 (VIDEO)
Discover skills to deal with negative habits of thinking that get in the way of living happily and effectively.
Explore why conflict is so hard to face and how you can proactively manage and resolve conflict.
Look at your own behavioral health, become better informed about when professional intervention is needed, and better understand how to find and pay for professional behavioral health help.
- Behavioral health questionnaire (PDF) — Print before viewing Workshop 11.
- Guidelines for taking behavioral health action (PDF) — Print before viewing Workshop 11.
- Start Workshop 11 (VIDEO)