Private Pesticide Applicator Recertification Workshops
Workshop topics include
- Pesticide laws and regulations
- Transportation, storage and emergencies
- Herbicide residuals and cover crops
- Laundering pesticide-contaminated clothing
- Current crop/pest issues and integrated pest management
What to bring and what to expect
- Workshops last about three and a half hours. Arrive before the listed workshop start time. No pre-registration necessary - allow time to register on-site before the workshop begins.
- You must attend the entire workshop. Because the Minnesota Department of Agriculture requires workshop participants to attend the entire workshop to receive credit for recertification, anyone who arrives more than 15 minutes late to the workshop will not receive recertification credit — no exceptions. If you cannot attend the entire workshop, you may attend another workshop (must attend entire workshop – not just parts missed) or take the online or mail-in test.
- The Minnesota Department of Agriculture requires all workshop participants to present a government issued photo ID such as your driver's license, passport, etc.
- Bring your Private Pesticide Applicator Certification card or number. This will assist in the on-site registration process. If you have misplaced your certification card you may obtain your certification number from the Minnesota Department of Agriculture website or 651-201-6615.
Not yet certified or has your certification lapsed?
If you are not currently a certified private applicator (i.e. certified through March 1, 2020) you cannot become certified by attending a recertification workshop. To become certified, you must take the online or mail-in test.
Attention fruit and vegetable growers
We will offer one Private Pesticide Applicator Recertification workshop focused on topics for fruit and vegetable growers in St. Cloud, MN on January 15, 2020. Growers who are not certified but wish to learn more about pesticide safety are also welcome to attend. Find workshop details below.