Local Foods College
The Local Foods College is an interactive distance learning opportunity for gardeners and farmers interested in community-based food systems.
Join us in 2020 for our Local Foods College webinar series. These free online classes are available to anyone interested in strengthening food systems.
The new session starts January 28, 2020
Please register to get on our Local Foods College email list. You will receive an email each Monday with the link and instructions for the Tuesday online session.
Tuesday evenings, 6:00-7:00 p.m. All sessions are online.
- January 28th – Pastured hogs
- Speaker: Wayne Martin, University of Minnesota Extension
- February 4th – Bugs with Bruno: How to raise insects for human food
- Speaker: Bruno Bonsari, Winona State University
- February 11th – Upper Midwest hazelnuts
- Speaker: Jason Fischbach, University of Wisconsin Extension
- February 18th – Building soil health in fruit and vegetable production
- Speaker: Sarah Lindblom, Solar Fresh Farm
- February 25th – How to take a soil test and read it
- Speaker: Paulo Pagliari, University of Minnesota CFANS