Farm Transition and Estate Planning: Create Your Farm Legacy
Farm Transition and Estate Planning: Create Your Farm Legacy is a program designed to assist farm families with the necessary preparation to develop and implement their farm transition and personal estate plan. The goal is for participants to have the tools and skills to move forward with developing their farm business transition and personal estate plans.
Learning objectives include
- Establish individual, family, retirement and business goals as the foundation to the transition process.
- Understand farm business transition strategies and examples including business entities.
- Understand the need for determining the financial viability of the business.
- Understand tax issues in the transition process.
- Identify estate planning issues and strategies, including identifying a transition and estate planning team.