The class shopper ensures that each class is stocked with the healthy, inexpensive foods needed to give participants hands-on practice preparing meals they can then make for themselves at home.
- Confirm the number of participants expected prior to shopping each week.
- Shop for class supplies and weekly groceries using specified shopping lists.
- Deliver supplies and groceries to class site no later than 60 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Keep accurate, organized records of money and receipts and submit to the Cooking Matters® Coordinator upon completion of course.
- Provide classroom assistance as needed.
- Knowledge of general grocery shopping strategies and food budgeting techniques.
- Strong organizational and money management skills.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Willingness to adhere to program policies and team decisions.
- At least one hour for training and orientation with Cooking Matters®.
- At least 1.5 hours per week for shopping, including travel to class location.
- Must commit to shopping for all six weeks of the course.