Nancy leads the program development process, ensuring effective delivery of 4-H programs and extension teaching. She supervises Extension educators in the southern regions and co-chairs the supervision/program planning function team.
She finds great satisfaction working with county, regional and state program staff, especially stewarding the program, human and financial resources. She loves to see youth, adult volunteers and colleagues grow.
Nancy leads staff development statewide. She is a member of the Youth Development leadership team, and her professional associations include National Association of Extension 4-H Agents, National Association of Extension Program and Staff Development Professionals, and Epsilon Sigma Phi.
Academic degrees and experience
- M.Ed. in agricultural education, University of Minnesota.
- B.S. in agricultural education, University of Minnesota.
- Professional certificate in training and development, University of Minnesota.
- K-12 Administrative licensure, University of Minnesota.
- Gallup Certified Strengths Coach
- 32 years with Minnesota Extension in various roles, including 4-H Youth Development, horticulture, Family Development and serving as county Extension director in Rice and Steele counties.
- Served as a program leader in Extension Youth Development since 2004.
- Former agricultural education teacher in grades 9-12, as well as FFA adviser, department head and class adviser.
Ukaga, O., Reichenbach, M., Blinn, C., Zak, D., Hutchinson, W., Hegland, N., Building Successful Campus and Field Faculty Teams, Journal of Extension Vol.40, #2, April 2002.
Meyer, M., Hegland, N., Fairbourne, P., Junior Master Gardener Programs in Minnesota; Horticulture Technology, October-December 2001, Vol.11:502-673.
Extension Regional Office, Farmington
Reviewed in 2022