Karen focuses on ensuring high-quality positive youth development programming happens throughout the state of Minnesota with a focus on the southern portion. She provides leadership in staff development of designing, implementing and assessing youth programming led by staff, volunteers and youth.
Karen works with staff to remove barriers for youth to access 4-H and create strong community partnerships for all youth. Karen connects quality youth programming with her passion for youth leadership and building youth voice in program design and delivery.
Academic degrees and experience
- M.S. in Human Development, Child and Family Studies, South Dakota State University
- B.S in Human Development and Family Studies, South Dakota State University
- Beranek, K. & Derdowski, J. (2019). Local 4-H Ambassador Training package
- Derdowski, J. & Beranek, K. (2020). Developing Quality Learning Environments for Youth
- Beranek, K. (2020). Youth Voice
Reviewed in 2023