Mary Ann Hennen
Extension Regional Office, Andover
Bunker Hills Act Ctr L-1
550 Bunker Lake Blvd NW
Andover, MN 55304
Communities where I work
Counties: Anoka, Benton, Hennepin, Meeker, Sherburne, Stearns and Wright
- B.S., Individualized major in Personnel Services, Minnesota State University, Moorhead, MN
- M.A., Educational Psychology and Social Foundations, Counseling emphasis, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Mini-MBA for Nonprofit Organizations, Management Center, University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN.
Mary Ann rejoined the leadership and civic engagement team in 2018, with an emphasis on providing urban outreach in the Twin Cities area. This work and role will benefit from experience and skills she gained from her previous work with the Wilder Center for Communities and at Extension. For Wilder, Mary Ann managed community leadership initiatives and delivered training and consulting services to St. Paul neighborhood individuals, leaders, organizations and partners. In the 1990's, she was an Extension Leadership Development State Specialist, co-creating leadership education programs around the state. She served as program leader for Extension's leadership and civic engagement programs from 2006–2017, guiding the team until she became the director of professional development for all of Extension in 2015. Her earlier career focused on student services in several university settings.
Affiliations, honors and community service
- Awards: Dean's Distinguished Team Award – Diversity and Inclusion: Leadership and Civic Engagement Team. Team Leader (2013), Excellence in Community Development Programming – Team, MASWCD Leadership Institute, National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals National Award (2009)
- Member: National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals, American Society of Training and Development, International Leadership Association, Community Development Society
- Certifications and Affiliations: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Dimensions of Leadership Profile, Intercultural Development Inventory, Technology of Participation – Group Facilitation Methods, Humphrey Institute Policy Fellows (2007–08), Shannon Leadership Institute (2004), NAEPSDP (National Association for Extension Program and Staff Development Professionals) member (2015, 2017)
- Hoelting, J., Caldwell, P., & Hennen, M. A. (2012). The power of invitation: The West Central Leadership Academy. Rural Minnesota Journal 2012. St. Peter, MN: Center for Rural Policy and Development.