All in-person Extension meetings, events and classes are canceled through Friday, May 15.
467 Coffey Hall
1420 Eckles Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108-6070
- B.S., English and Speech Communications, University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- Master of Public Affairs, Concentration in Nonprofit Management, University of Minnesota Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs
Joyce joined the Center for Community Vitality in 2001. As Assistant Director, she manages communications and the center's administrative team. She also develops annual reports on all of Extension for the U.S. Department of Agriculture. For 16 years, she worked in development and communications for MELD, a national nonprofit organization that replicates parenting education programs. At Extension, Joyce has authored and co-authored a number of publications featuring the center's work, including articles for Community Dividend, a publication of the Federal Reserve Bank in Minneapolis, and the New Directions for Higher Education journal. Joyce is the editor of CD Practice, the Community Development Society's online journal that publishes articles about successful practices in the field of community development.
Affiliations, Honors and Community Service
- Board of Directors: Community Development Society, 2011-present; Advisory Board, Girl Friday Productions
- Member: National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals, Community Development Society
- Awards and Affiliations: Outstanding Education Piece — Team (National Award), NACDEP, (2013); Outstanding Educational Package Award, Team, Building Leadership Programs Management Guide, NACDEP,(2010); Extension Dean and Director's Award, Diversity Team, Horizons (2009)
- Hoelting, J., & Herrera, M. (2010). To establish an effective community spirit: A Land Grant Extension and deliberative dialogue. New Directions for Higher Education — Special Issue: Educating for Deliberative Democracy, 2010, 152, 43-50.
- Hoelting, J. (2009). Lessons learned from 22 years of debt mediation. Community Dividend. Minneapolis, MN. Federal Reserve Bank.