Senior Economic Impact Analyst
Extension Regional Office, Mankato
1961 Premier Drive, Suite 110
Mankato, MN 56001
Communities where I work
- B.A., Economics and Management, High Distinction, University of Minnesota-Morris
- Master's in Applied Economics, University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN
Brigid joined the Center for Community Vitality in fall 2008. She conducts analysis and writes reports for the Economic Impact Analysis (EIA) program, which she helped launch in early 2009. Since then, the EIA program has issued more than three dozen studies, covering numerous economic sectors in Minnesota - including tourism, education, manufacturing, retail, infrastructure, and local foods.
Brigid has 15 years of experience using IMPLAN, the input-output modeling software used in economic impact analysis. She has completed three IMPLAN training courses and presents regularly at the national conference for IMPLAN users. Before joining University of Minnesota Extension, Brigid worked for both St. Cloud State University in Minnesota and the University of Georgia Extension.
Affiliations, honors and community service
- Boards: Le Sueur-Henderson School Board, Chair; Le Sueur (MN) Friends of the Library, president; Le Sueur County Parks Board, secretary
- Training and Certifications: Advanced Editing and Proofreading, College of Continuing Education, University of Minnesota (2009); IMPLAN Version 3 (2009); Business Retention and Expansion Consultant (2004); ArcView GIS (2003)
- Member: Agriculture and Applied Economics Association, National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association
- Tuck, B., & Linscheid, N. (2015). Economic contribution of the agbioscience industry in Greater Minnesota: A report of the Economic Impact Analysis Program. St. Paul, MN: University of Minnesota Extension Center for Community Vitality.
- Tuck, B., & Yamoah, O. (2014). Economic composition of Northwest Minnesota: Industries and performance. St. Paul, MN: University of Minnesota Extension Center for Community Vitality.