The Farm Resource Guide for 2022 is now available at many University of Minnesota Extension county offices across the state. The resource guide includes a wide variety of useful farm business management information, including:
- Custom rates: what to charge for planting, etc.
- Average farmland rental rates by county from two sources with projections for 2022.
- Flexible rental agreements and examples of how they work and how they have worked in the past.
- Fill-in-the-blank lease forms for cash rent and share rent arrangements.
- Farmland sales information for all counties in Minnesota that list current average agriculture sales.
- Information on charges for custom feeding, commodity storage, leasing buildings and various bin rental rates, including leasing a dairy barn and machine storage.
- Current information on pasture rental rates and tree timber values.
- Marketing information, along with recent cost trends for Minnesota.
- Commodity price probabilities for corn, soybeans, alfalfa hay, straw, grass hay, hogs and cattle.
- USDA corn and soybean yields by county to be used for calculating Farm Bill payments.
- Feedlot rule highlights and information on manure agreement and easements.
- Manure spreading lease examples and land application agreements.
The Farm Resource Guide is available in the following formats:
- E-mail: $25 plus sales tax
- CD: $29.00 plus sales tax and postage
- Hard copy: $31.00 plus tax and postage
If you would like your own copy of the Farm Resource Guide, e-mail Dave Bau at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507-372-3900 ext. 3906.