The class assistant ensures that each class runs smoothly so that participants receive the highest quality learning experience.
- Arrive 60 minutes before class begins.
- Help unload and arrange groceries and supplies.
- Assemble take-home grocery bags for participants.
- Set up classroom and kitchen space.
- Assist chef and nutrition educator as needed with activities, visual aids and cooking.
- Clean up and break down the classroom before leaving.
- Interest and comfort in working with low-income individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Ability to travel to class location.
- Willingness to adhere to program policies and team decisions.
- At least one hour for training and orientation with Cooking Matters®.
- Approximately three hours per week for lesson preparation, travel time, class time, set-up and clean-up.
- Must commit to all six weeks of the course.