4-H Computers & Programming Project
What you'll do
Explore the impact of computers on society. Upgrade a computer, build a website or write computer code. Identify computer components and operating systems. You could focus on hardware, software or the internet.
Levels of learning
Fairs & exhibits
- Make a poster or display showing the parts of a computer and how they work.
- Tell the history of computers. How have computers impacted society in positive and negative ways?
- Explore some aspect of online ethics, such as copyright laws, privacy or data protection.
- Write a computer game or program. What does it do? What service does it perform for people?
- Demonstrate some skills you've gained in computing.
- Make a diagram showing how the internet works.
- Write a report on computer-related careers. What skills and education are needed? How do you expect these jobs to change in the future?
- What is fake news and why does it spread? How can you know it's fake? How does fake news affect democracy?
Reviewed in 2018