Train the Trainer: A 4-H Dog Project leader training
Learn how to help 4-H youth train their dog in obedience, rally, showmanship and agility - building skills to participate in the 4-H Dog Show.
This is for youth leaders of high school age and adult leaders who train others in local programs - not for youth or parents who want to experience more of the Minnesota 4-H Dog Project.
The Minnesota 4-H Dog Project Development Committee sponsors this training. It is recommended for all trainers to attend. This training is typically held in April and May.
This training is open to Minnesota 4-H Dog Project trainers, potential trainers, youth (high school age) and adult leaders.
Your dog is welcome to attend since we will need a few dogs to work with throughout the weekend. Please remember to bring your dog's vaccination record, kennel, leashes and dumbbells (if appropriate).
Beginner classes: April 25-26, 2020, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Obedience: Foundation, beginner, graduate beginner and novice
- Rally: Foundation, pre-novice, and novice
- Showmanship: Novice
- Agility: Beginner, elementary, limited agility, jumpers 1A, jumpers 1B and limited jumpers
Advanced classes: May 2-3, 2020, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Obedience: Graduate novice, pre-open, open, graduate open, pre-utility and utility
- Rally: Pre-advanced, advanced, excellent
- Showmanship: Open showmanship
- Agility: Intermediate, senior, advanced, jumpers 2 and jumpers 3