The 2023 SuperSession will take place on Saturday, May 20, at the Twin Cities Obedience Training Club. This will be a fun-filled day for 4-H dog project members, with the opportunity to learn new things and make new friends in the 4-H dog project. Plan to bring several of your fellow club members and take notes to share the information at a meeting.
Presentations will include:
- Fine-tuning obedience skills.
- Rally skills and hints for success.
- The best of showmanship.
- Agility – handling skills, obstacle performance and more.
- Training topics – motivating your dog, obedience skills for the real world and learning theory.
- Careers with dogs.
- Grooming your dog.
- Therapy dog work.
- AKC Sampler – tricks, FIT dog and CGC.
- Trick title testing.
- Additional titling opportunities.
All youth in grades 3 and up, their families, trainers, youth and adult dog project leaders are welcome.
- $25 per 4-H member/handler (with dog)
- $10 per parent/auditor (without dog)
Register in 4-H Online by May 12 using event name, "Dog Supersession." For assistance, refer to the event registration guide.
The 2023 participant information letter will be made available by April 15.
The workshop will take place at:
Twin Cities Obedience Training Club
2101 Broadway Street Northeast
Minneapolis, MN 55413
All dogs must be accompanied by a current Minnesota 4-H Dog Project ID and Vaccination Verification. Bring a copy to the event. (You should carry a copy whenever you travel with your dog.)
- If you bring a dog, you must bring a crate or kennel and a leash.
- Participants must provide their own clean-up supplies (paper towels, baggies, etc.) for cleaning up after their dogs.
- Bring treats, crates, correct leashes, collars and water for dogs.