4-H Forest Resources Project
What you'll do
Explore different types of trees, what forests need to grow and thrive, how to care for trees and conserve forests, and how we depend on and benefit from trees and forests in our world.
Levels of learning
Fairs & exhibits
- Show a collection of leaves or seeds or different types of wood. Identify the trees they come from
- Identify the parts of a tree and what they do
- Make a poster about the uses for forestry products
- Make a video or display about the human health benefits from trees, and what role trees play in global ecology
- Write a report on a specific part of the forest products industry
- Organize or take part in a mass tree planting
- Explain the biology of a tree
- What are some tree diseases and how can they be treated?
- Are some tree species endangered or going extinct? What are the threats to trees? How do humans contribute to the problem? How can humans solve the problem?
- Explain government forestry programs
- Tell the history of the forestry industry. How has it impacted Minnesota? The area where you live?
Reviewed in 2018